26 September, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend

Whew! What a weekend! Gerard and Jill had Sydney's baptism, mom and dad were here and we all had so much fun! My Mom headed back to Michigan shortly after things came to a close on Saturday. Dad ended staying almost a week with us,which Jill and I both agree it was one of our favorite visits. We really didn't go anyplace ( Dollywood, Mountains etc, just the baptism on Saturday), just staying home, playing with the kids, eatting out, was plenty for us all.
The Baptism went well. Gerard's' family drove in from Chattanooga, other friends were also present for the event. Uncle James(Gerard's brother) and Corey(niece) are the godparents. Some of my pictures didn't turn out from the ceremony...sorry. They held the luncheon at Beardon Banquet Hall. Very yummy I might add. Sydney hardly fussed, she was very well behaved:) Leave it to my kids to have 1000 ? on the event. I don't think they really remembered Ella's baptism . Kids do asks the toughest ? Don't they?!
Speaking of kids.... you know they had to have grandpa take them to walmart...after an hour going up and down each isle in the toy dept. We were finally heading for the check out lines :0 Bradlynn got a baby, Cart, the lightning mcqueen car as the 'dinoco' car. Hunter..oh Hunter, had to choose the repeat parrot...ugh! Needless to say, the bird went into hiding.
The kids hated to see grandpa go home, but knowing he will be back for birthdays in Nov. made it a little easier. Well, once again my timmer has gone off- I have to limit my time on this- aren't you proud of my julieb. One more thing, I would like to share this with you, my dear friend, Julie Kellar, her dad, Pastor Talley- Hyles Baptist Church, was suprised at the soul-winning confernce in Longview, Tx. by Dr. Bob Gray with an Honorary Doctorate! Congrads ! Bro. Talley, or I should say Dr. Talley. I hope you all have a blessed day!

No comments: