17 January, 2009

Busy Buzzbees



It's done!! Most of you know that for Christmas Bradlynn really wanted an American Girl nightgown. Sadly, the AG web site, had all the character girls nightgowns sold until March 2009, yes, March. We had a couple of friends that went to New York and Atlanta, still, no gown. My mother suggested why not make one... why I didn't think of that sooner, I have no idea! Here is the finish product! I have to admit, I really like the "homemade" night gown better.(It was a lot cheaper too) We used a flannel material and added a little bow, she loved it, I love it, nanna loves it- that's all we need!
I think these past few weeks, Bradlynn and I have been in the craft mode. Another little desire of mine for this year is to memorize more scripture. A dear friend had posted on her blog that she, with several other women, are committing to memorizing a verse on the 15th and the 30th. She is placing them on 3x5 cards that are spiral bound. Bradlynn and I thought what a great thing we could work on together, actually be accountable to each other. We decided to take it a step further, we are making verse journals, hence the picture of her with all or scrapbook materials. We have had great time making these and have had a better time keeping each other accountable on our verses! Well, that's all the crafty news from the Busby hive! Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a great post Jodi. I am going to start reading here often. This is my first visit. =) I love the relationship you have with your daughter. I am doing the scripture challenge as well with my girls.